BEYONCE is taking no chances on her new album and has run #MeToo checks on everyone who has worked on it – including her own team.
I can reveal that the Break My Heart singer has vetted producers and rejected songs by artists for her upcoming record Renaissance if they have faced accusations of abuse or harassment.
She made the decision after producer Detail, who worked on her 2013 hit Drunk In Love, was arrested in August 2020.
He was charged with raping five women and sexually assaulting a sixth between 2010 and 2018 and is being held on bail of £5.3million.
The musician — real name Noel Fisher — has denied all the accusations and has no part in Beyonce’s next album.
A music insider said: “Beyonce was devastated when she found out Detail, one of her collaborators, was accused of rape and sexual assault.
“She stopped working with him and her team now run #MeToo checks on any potential collaborators.
“Two songs from high-profile artists have been rejected because of allegations they are facing.
“Although neither has been found guilty, she’s sending a clear message to the industry in the wake of troubling cases from people like R Kelly and Harvey Weinstein.
Most read in Entertainment
“She’s rubbed some people up the wrong way but she doesn’t care. She won’t go anywhere near you if you’ve been accused of going after one of her peers.
“Beyonce is a leader in her business and wants to set an example that any abuse shouldn’t be normalised.
“This is why her new record is about empowering women.”
Renaissance will be out this month. Beyonce, pictured, unveiled the artwork, featuring herself on a horse, last week and spoke about what the music means to her.
Create a safe place
She wrote online: “Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world.
“It allowed me to feel free and adventurous in a time when little else was moving.
“My intention was to create a safe place, a place without judgment. A place to be free of perfectionism and overthinking.
“A place to scream, release, feel freedom.
“It was a beautiful journey of exploration. I hope you find joy in the music.”
Referencing a lyric from the lead single, she added: “I hope it inspired you to release the wiggle. And to feel as unique, strong and sexy as you are.”
Kate’s square dance
KATE BECKINSALE lit up the red carpet in this glittery silver dress with shoulder pads at the National Film Awards.
She jetted over from Los Angeles to attend the ceremony at London’s Porchester Hall on Monday night, where she scooped the Best Actress gong for her film Jolt.
Accepting the prize, she said: “There’s clearly been a terrible mistake. Judi Dench is nominated in this category so I think this might be an award for showing up – and I think that’s lovely.
“The movie is actually good. And one of the things I liked about it was that it was handling, in an interesting and fun way, the topic of female rage which I think living in America at the moment, is at a pretty high level.
“I know it’s not affecting us here but all support for the situation in America is greatly appreciated. Be as angry as you possibly can be.”
Later on she shared a video on Instagram of her celebrating the win by dancing with a pal in Trafalgar Square.
I can’t imagine she ended up having an early night.
It’s Rocket Moss
EVERYONE remembers seeing photos of Kate Moss kicking about with Pete Doherty and Jamie Hince.
But these days the acts she hangs around with aren’t quite as wild, with my case in point being this snap backstage with Sir Elton John.
the supermodel headed to Vicarage Road – the home of his beloved football club Watford FC – this week to catch one of Sir Elton’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour shows.
He played in London a fortnight ago with a sold-out show in Hyde Park, but she missed that as she was watching Primal Scream at Glastonbury on the same evening.
Niall States plan for live gigs
NIALL HORAN cancelled his last tour because of the pandemic but he plans to finally hit the road again in 2023 – three years later than planned.
The Slow Hands singer has been hard at work on new music and is planning on spending several weeks in the US to complete the record before a string of live shows next year.
He said at a golf tournament in Ireland this week: “I’d love to try to get this album done as soon as I can.
“After this, I will be back to America for the foreseeable and then once I’m finished I won’t be too long about getting back out there because I’m going to these gigs these days and getting very jealous.”
I’m not surprised he is jealous, given he has seen so much live music in the past few weeks after being spotted backstage with friends at Glastonbury then watching Adele in London’s Hyde Park.
On taking it easy during the pandemic, Niall added: “When you’re used to doing as much travelling as we do and packing a suitcase every other day, it was very strange to be sat around doing nothing like the rest of the world was.
“But it’s good to be back in the mix and making an album and just going to gigs.”
JACKO ‘FAKE TRACKS’ ROW
THREE songs from Michael Jackson’s self-titled posthumous 2010 album have been pulled from streaming services amid questions over whether he actually sang them.
Monster, featuring 50 CENT, Keep Your Head Up and Breaking News are said to have been recorded in 2007.
They have been part of an ongoing lawsuit between his estate and Sony Music over claims they don’t feature his vocals, with his mum Katherine previously claiming “some” of the tracks on the record were “fake.”
But a spokesperson for Michael’s website has insisted the removal of the songs “had nothing to do with their authenticity.”
They added: “The Estate and Sony Music believe the continuing conversation about the tracks is distracting the fan community and casual Michael Jackson listeners from focusing their attention where it should be, on Michael’s legendary and deep music catalogue.”
Rob: Joe’s stag girl was our waitress
ROB BECKETT has backed his pal Joe Swash after he was seen chatting to an attractive lady during his wild stag do in Ibiza last month.
The former EastEnders actor will marry Stacey Solomon at the end of the month but raised eyebrows during the boozy trip – where he partied until 6am, three days in a row.
Coming to Joe’s defence, comic Rob, who was also on the stag do, said: “He was drunk but he weren’t going too mad. He was sat there at this restaurant and every time parents walked past – he’s got a little baby called Rose who’s about a year old – and he was going, ‘That baby looks like Rose’.
“Do you know who that blonde bombshell was? The waitress taking our order.”
The comedian partied in Ibiza on the three-day bender with several of Joe’s friends including former Eastender’s actor Dean Gaffney.
And he admitted he was a lightweight who couldn’t keep up with them.
He said on his Parenting Hell podcast he said of their first night on the White Isle: “I went to bed at 11, they all messaged again and went back out at 1am, until six.
“This stag do was so full on that I could slip out of it because I just went to bed in the interval.”
Of their Saturday night out he continued: “I tapped out around midnight and they stayed out till about six in the morning again because they’re a bit more hardcore than me. I couldn’t keep up with them, to be honest.”
SUGABABES’ Keisha Buchanan is to split her time between the UK and Canada after the group reunited.
They are playing a string of shows this summer then will go on a full tour in October, but that doesn’t mean she is relocating back to Britain, after moving to Toronto in 2020.
She said: “I’ve always been a bit of a floater and I think that’s the perks of not having kids yet, I can just go where my heart leads.
“I’ve never really set up home anywhere. I took a trip to Canada, really loved it, and spent some time there.
“They’ve got amazing producers out there too. They have such amazing homegrown talent and I find I’m very creative there. I spend about 50 percent of my time there and 50 percent here.”
Aston has abs-fab attitude
ASTON MERRYGOLD has insisted his dedication to working out is because of the mental benefits, rather than it giving him rock-hard abs.
The JLS singer was known for his chiselled physique in the group but didn’t feel any pressure to have a muscular body.
He said: “I didn’t realise then but it was really great for my mental health and good to keep me focused.
“You get the perks of the aesthetic and I’ve always been lucky to eat what I want, work out, and maintain a good physique. But the gym is good to help me switch off.
“The abs are more of a bonus than what the gym brings to my life.”
Aston, who released his latest solo single, How Many Times, on Friday, continued: “It wasn’t me going, ‘I need to do this, that and the other’.
“The only time I’ve done that is when I looked at a picture in lockdown and thought, ‘Wow this is the worst shape I’ve ever been in,’ because I wasn’t toned anymore.
“I didn’t really like it so I thought I needed to do something about it.”
MEL TEASES SPICE GIRLS GLASTO GIG
MEL C has dropped yet another hint that the Spice Girls will perform at Glastonbury next year.
After getting to guest with Blossoms, she shared a post on Facebook which said: “One week ago I fulfilled a lifelong dream of getting up on one of the main stages at Glastonbury.
“Not only that, I also did it with the loveliest, most talented bunch of lads it’s possible to meet.
“Thanks for having me Blossoms, it was a total blast and I love you all!”
Then Mel, who also did DJ spots at the festival, added: “See you next year Glastonbury!”
What a tease.
Has Dean Scott what it takes?
SCOTT MILLS is a tough act to follow after 24 years on Radio 1 but the station’s fresh talents Dean McCullough and Vicky Hawkesworth are stepping into his shoes.
They will take over his afternoon slot of 1pm to 3.30pm on the station in September and theirs will becoming the first weekday show to be broadcast from outside of London, as they will be in Manchester’s Salford.
It follows the news that Scott is leaving Radio 1 to replace Steve Wright on Radio 2.
Dean said: “I don’t know what to say, this is wild. Being given the opportunity to launch a brand new daytime show on Radio 1 with the most talented production team and co-host is a full-on dream come true.”
There is even more change for Scott’s co-host Chris Stark, who is leaving the BBC altogether.
He has been announced as Roman Kemp’s co-host on Capital Breakfast, as well as the show’s creative executive producer.
And on top of that he will be developing sports podcasts for Global. There’s no stopping him.
TARON GETS EGG-CITED
THE next Kingsman film will be shot in 2023, leading man Taron Egerton has revealed.
The actor will reprise his role as Gary ‘Eggsy’ Unwin in Kingsman: The Blue Blood following the success of 2021’s The King’s Man.
He told a podcast in the US: “My understanding is that we are to be shooting the third instalment in my saga I believe next year.
“But you know, don’t listen to what I say because I really don’t know.
“You know, they’re grown-up decisions.”